Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 15 and 1/2

Hello,

The last week we took our third Physiology exam and final. That somewhat marked the end our time here in Germany. On Thursday, some of us headed to the Bonn Botanical Gardens. My bus drove by this place everyday on my way to the city center and I never imagined it would be so big and pretty. I am so glad my friends wanted to go with me because it is a hidden gem in Bonn.
On Friday, we had our excursion to Remagen and the AIB farewell party. It was very sad and exciting at the same time. We had great food, beer, and dancing. It was one last celebration for our time here in Germany.
That weekend Lawrence, Whitney and I decided last minute to go to London. I had been before so I was just very excited to go back to one of my favorite cities and enjoy the atmosphere. We ate awesome food, walked around, and bought some tea. It is always a great time in London and so much to see and explore.

It was not fun coming back and realizing we had 3 days left in Bonn. The Rhinecruise was a great time to relax and spend some time with friends before we all parted ways. Saying goodbyes has never been my favorite thing to do. I can not believe I have lived 4 months in Germany and am now leaving back to Texas. I think I signed up for this study abroad program to seek adventure and I can confidently say that I found it.

-xoxo,
Claudia Mendoza



No comments:

Post a Comment