Friday, May 4, 2018

Blooming Goodbyes

Blooming Goodbyes
The time was finally upon us, the moments every student dreads. All your work culminates to just a few hours and good guessing skills. I am the first to admit that the thought of a test makes my hands clammy, vision fuzzy, and brain super slow. I’ve always had this anxiety around test but especially finals. I just want to prove to myself that I have mastered the material. But I tend to stress out so much that I do worse. By no surprise this finals season was no different than the rest. Some people might claim that I just need to breathe, study harder, study differently, and etc.  I honestly can’t tell you what I need to do, but all I want to do is to get through the pain.  It was a series of four painful test over a period of four days, but I made it. That basically describes my Monday through Thursday.
 However, Friday began the last but best days left in BONN! On Friday we went to bingen ate gelato, walked along the Rhine, made up dances and laughed at dumb jokes. Later that night we partied all night at the farewell party, and maybe took advantage of the kolsch. Spent the night on the town with the girls just like the old times. Spent Saturday making breakfast for dinner, and watching one too many episode of Riverdale. Sunday was spent once again at the happiest place on earth Phantasialand. My last Monday in Bonn was spent on the Rhine cruise where sadly I was placed in Gryffindor, wrong house for me. I had a final farewell dinner with the host family. Then Spent the best day ITS GUNNA BE MAY the right way. Going out with my host sister and dancing into the night. Only to wake up with my last full day in Bonn. Where I spent the day at hofgarden, taking tons of pictures, buying last minute gifts, and ending my night eating dinner with my two favorite gals! It was at this moment when I got home to my host parents’ house, that I realized I DIDN’T WRITE 5 WEEKS OF BLOGSS!!! And I would spend the next week or so writing them, even after I have left Bonn. My time in Europe was not coming to a close because ON MAY 2 I met my host parents in Italy where we would travel around for 2 weeks. More of this will be posted in my reflection… so stay tuned. If I had one wish, it would be to never leave BONN. I can proudly say I have gone German and that I never want to go back.

Last minute: Somewhere along the way I forgot to post about the cherry blossoms so enjoy so cute pictures!


Thank you to the best Host Family a girl could ask for!




Thankful for the Bonn Besties!






Three Pictures with Lexie, because why not?



The last Bonn Sunset for awhile!
 Thank you to Romi and Alexa for going to dinner with me one last time!
 I love y'all so so much! :)


EXTRA: Flower pics







Look at this sweet face that greeted my in ITALY!!

Just like that......
XOXO,
GOING GERMAN
GONE GERMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment