Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 7


This week was our German final (I never did find out my grade, I was too nervous to ask Susanne how I did). We know Camella did great because she finished so much faster than Mitchell and I that Susanne graded her test before we even finished ours, and once we finished Susanne proudly proclaimed that Camella only missed two questions so we couldn’t possibly have done that poorly. After which we just glanced at each other nervously. It was weird that German ended so early in the program though, I wish there had been more. I realize we’re quite busy, even more so towards the end of the program, but even some informal lessons once a week or so could have been really helpful. I feel like my progress in German rather stagnated after the end of our lessons.
One night this week Rosi did have her friend over who works in IT to help her with her phone, alte Frau probleme, and the three of us talked really late into the night in German. Some things were really difficult to communicate however, like I was trying to explain that I had originally joined the Army because I didn’t want to go to college, but that once I was in the Army I hated it so I took advantage of them paying for college to go do that now that the opportunity was available to me. After we hung out for so long we went out the next night for burgers at this place next to Adenauer platz, the burgers were huge and quite good but they ate theirs with a fork and knife which was the weirdest thing.
This week we also had our first Physiology exam which I thought was reasonably easy. I am really mechanically inclined and this test was over cardiac and respiratory, both mechanics heavy systems. I think I wound up with a 94% on the test, but I felt bad for the Bims students who had their test the same day but over the much harder subjects, cell types and neuro, I think. I didn’t take it so I might have the subjects wrong but theirs was way harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment