Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 12


This week we had Easter break which I used to go to Berlin. Berlin was awesome albeit surprisingly hipster. It honestly didn’t feel like I was in Germany. I stayed at a great hostel though where I got to meet really interesting people, including a girl who happened to be studying neuroscience in Bonn and a guy from London who I went to some museums with. I spent pretty much all of my time in Berlin going to various museums and there were so many to see. I barely even scratched the surface of what there was to see and sadly the Pergamum was under renovations so I didn’t get to that one. I went to the technology museum, natural history museum, holocaust memorial, history of medicine museum, and to the museums on museum island, other that the Pergamum. At the natural history museum, I got to see the famous archaeopteryx fossil, third most complete T-rex skeleton in the world, and the world’s largest articulated skeleton. All of which were really cool but I don’t think any museum will ever manage to compare to the natural history museum in Vienna. The holocaust memorial was also one of the most worthwhile things I went to in Berlin. I was really annoyed with the people harassing us for donations and whatnot the second we came out of the memorial though. It was just so disrespectful. Also a rather unfortunate aspect of Berlin was that the weather was awful essentially the entire time.
This week we also went on our excursion to Bingen which although the Hildegard museum and mouse tower were interesting I felt like we didn’t do enough while there to make the excursion worthwhile. We almost spent as much time commuting there and back as we spent there, which felt like a waste.
Also this week was the second 211 exam which went way better than the first, I wound up with a 99. I felt like Romi did a really good job of preparing us for this exam and making sure we knew what to expect on it. There wasn’t anything on the exam that I was surprised to see or stumped on.

No comments:

Post a Comment