Sunday, May 6, 2018

NICKY'S BDAY, Charity, Marathon


April 13-15
Once we got into town, Nicky wanted to go get new shoes so we looked around at a few stores. Unfortunately, we had no luck. Since it was NICKY’S 21ST BIRTHDAY, of course we had to go out and celebrate! We met up at Tacos bar, went dancing for a bit, and then finished the night off at Nicky’s favorite late night snack place, McDonalds haha. I ended up sleeping over at Nicky’s this night, and I had to wake up early for the charity event Saturday morning. I headed over to the old AIB and our group went to a cloths sorting charity business that helped to provide people in need with clothes. I spent most of my time sorting toiletry bags. Afterwards, we walked through the ‘just-starting-to-bloom’ cherry blossoms in Alstadt and then grabbed some gelato. We decided to go to Cologne in the afternoon to meet up with a potential tattoo artist. We left her salon pretty disappointed, and decided she was not the artist for us. We then grabbed dinner and headed back to Bonn so we could all get a good nights rest and be ready for the marathon Sunday morning. However, since I was the forth leg, I got sleep in a little longer than the others. I walked over to the meeting place, soon to find that Alwin had ran right past Whitney at the relay meeting point. This means DISQUALIFIED haha, but somehow Whitney and Alwin managed to bring me the kilometer tracker, and I ran my leg of the race anyways. The end was definitely the best part because Lawrence and Alwin came and ran across the finish line with me. We then went to get our medals and headed back to get some free food.

No comments:

Post a Comment