Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 13: push through it

Hello,

So this week was very stressful. I had my pharmacology presentation and presenting is not my biggest strength. I get very nervous and to make things worse we started having technical difficulties as soon as my presentation began. I was so glad to get it over with and I relaxed and listened to my classmates presentations.
Enmodes preparation was a very stressful time. I think my team did not split up the work equally so when I would try to take the load off a single person they would not want to let us help. It was very frustrating watching one or two people take control and not listen to the improvements Dr. Wasser wanted us to make. The stress only got worse on Thursday when every other group got to present to Dr. Wasser, some even twice, before we got to do it even once. We had to stay until 1:30 AM that day, while the other teams left earlier. It was extremely hard waking up for the bus the next morning but I made it.
I was very proud of myself for being able to control my nervousness during the Enmodes presentation. My teammates also killed it and I think we had a great idea and presentation. Working on such a professional project taught me how to think outside the box and how to work with different people.
This was a super tiring week and it continued onto the weekend. We had International Big Event and the Bonn Marathon. For Big Event, we helped remodel a firehouse by painting the inside. It was a tiring day but the firefighters fed us and made us feel appreciated. The next day, I ran the shortest leg of the relay. First of all, I do NOT run at all. So this was a challenge and I am glad I did it. I definitely proved something to myself and had a great time.


-xoxo,
Claudia Mendoza

No comments:

Post a Comment