Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Vive la France

Basically this was the beginning of Spring Break, but just a week earlier.

We did a lot in this week, travelling from Bonn to Paris and making stops in Colmar and Beaune along the way. The smaller cities were so fun and enchanting, and I'm just glad the bus was able to navigate all those tiny streets. And I must say the hotel we stayed at in Beaune was super nifty. Everybody's room was different, with some having lofts and others having awesome layouts, and the hotel itself was so much bigger than it seemed.

However, I think my favorite thing about our trip to France was when we went to Versailles. It was nice to get out of the busy and crowded city of Paris and head a little out into the country. The palace and the grounds were so beautiful, but I don't think I could live in such a big place. I wish we would have had more time to walk around though, because by the time I had finished touring the palace there wasn't any time left to go out and explore the gardens. Which were huge. Like I couldn't even see the end. It would have also been nice to be at Versailles in April or May, when everything would have had a chance to bloom and we could see it at it's best.

And then the best part, CHEESE IN THE GARDEN OF VERSAILLES. I listened I thought rather raptly to Julian (the best guide ever) naming and explaining all the different kind of cheeses, but I am trash and immediately forgot what they were all called as soon as I grabbed my baguette. All the cheeses were so good (except for one of em but I have no idea what it was called but that fella was smelly and nastyy) and since I was going to see my mom that night, I packaged a little bit of each cheese and half of my baguette so she could experience their greatness too :) Moral of the story, France gave me a greater appreciation for cheese, and I know once I get back home I am probably going to start eating crackers with more than just cheddar cheese, because I am a classy fancy lady now (but only on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment