Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 11: climbing up mountains is life

Hello,

This week was busy with the Physiology exam and other assignments. I found a library that I could study in without needing a library card. However, the third time I went back with Artavia and Lawrence to study. We were kicked out by a man who insisted we needed a library card, even though a previous employee clearly told me we did not need a card. That was a very bad experience and made me realize how hard it is for people in the USA that do not speak English to communicate with people that are trying to belittle them. I really just wanted the week to be over so I could relax for Easter weekend.

We headed to Switzerland for Easter weekend. The first day in Luzern, we rode a bus to a mountain that was white and snowy. There was not much around so we had to find paths that would take us up the mountain. The snow and the beautiful landscape made this one of my favorite places I have visited. It was fun watching all of us struggle as a group in the snow and kicking giant snowballs into the river. The next day we climbed up Mt. Pilatus, which was right behind our hostel. It was very tough but rewarding. This was the first Easter I was away from my family and not celebrating Easter with them. It was very weird but it made me feel better when we made spaghetti for dinner together with chocolate mousse. I am so glad I went to Switzerland (thank you Austin!). Although everyone said it would be so expensive, it was easy to find wallet friendly alternative.

-xoxo,
Claudia Mendoza

No comments:

Post a Comment