Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 14


This week was the week of the Big Event and the Marathon. For Big Event my group went to help with the maintenance of a communal green space outside of Bonn. Most of what I personally wound up doing involved sawing. We were sawing lengths of wood to the appropriate lengths to line the sides of a small path. After that we were sawing bamboo shoots for part of an insect hotel. That ate up the better part of our time and then I helped out some other groups with things like hoeing and shoveling for a short time. Then they fed us for our help. After so much manual labor some meat and bread were ridiculously satisfying. During lunch we also learned that Darby is “bee-lingual.” A bee flew by her and she buzzed at it in panic. I guess she was trying to tell it to go away in a way in could understand.
The next day was the Bonn Marathon but being that I couldn’t run in it when Shannon and Brynn invited me to go on a hike to go see a castle I was all for it. It was a really nice hike and one of my favorite castles we saw on the trip. Just as we were coming up to it we climbed the opposite hillside and had an amazing view of the entire castle. We decided to stop there for lunch and I could have stayed there for hours. It was a shame that I hadn’t brought a book to read or my Kindle. Once we went down to the castle we took a short tour of the inside which was nice, and then we all got cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment