Saturday, May 5, 2018

Part 13

Every time I looked at the schedule it was awful. So many projects in one week. So much to do. We had hours on hours on hours to finalize our enmodes projects. Wednesday and Thursday was the worst because that's lviterally all we did. At this moment I hated that we had to combine groups. I liked our initial 4 person group. Group projects always suck because there are people who just do not know how to work together. There were people who wanted to do everything and never say they needed help or even tried to do your part. All and all we came together at the end and got it finished. I think we did a good job on the PowerPoint as well as the presentation. It felt so good once it was all over. Our design stood out the most and I think it showed because the guys from enmodes really liked it. So at the end of the day I guess it was worth it. Lunch after the presentations was bomb. P

This week the BIMS students in pharmacology also had a protect to present. It wasn't as intense as enmodes which was good. It was kind of just a pain because we didn't really have much instructions on what to do or talk about. All she wanted was that it relate to pharmacology. I did my project on whether prenatal supplements are required for a successful pregnancy. I was pretty chill while presenting and didn't really stress over it.

Bunch of us went out this weekend to celebrate Nicky's birthday. We had a great time as always. I didn't really like the club because of all the creepy guys but we had fun. Nicky enjoyed her birthday and that's all that really mattered. We had the Big event the next day. It was nice to volunteer in Germany just like we would in college station. I we were competing with each other to see who could break the boxes down and sort through the fastest. After big event, a few of us went to Cologne to check out a tattoo artist. We didn't get a good vibe from her and it was hard to explain things with the language Barrier.

Sunday we had the Bonn marathon. I didn't know know why I signed up for it at first but it felt great to be apart of something and finish. I didn't train at all. Not even a light jog. I had to do 6.2 miles. When my turn came nobody else was running with me because they had already gone. I waited on Romi and I was off. Since no one was with  me that was a relay runner I followed whoever was further ahead. In a nut shell I ended up going the wrong way, crossed the finish line, had to turn around and go back to my course and Finish. I ran over 8 miles. It was an experience to say the least but I'm glad I did it. They gave us non alcoholic beer which was nasty. They had pasta which was good. It was a great eventful weekend for sure. Now I need some R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment