Sunday, May 6, 2018

EasterBreak ⊳ Hamburg&Copenhagen


March 26-2
          Oh goodness, Easter weekend is coming so soon and we have yet to plan where we are going! It seems too soon to have another long weekend considering that spring break was just a couple weeks ago. For quite a while, I wanted to go to Ireland with Nicky and Kate; however, I waited too long to buy my plane tickets and the prices were super high. Instead, I was talking to Lauren, Emily, and Maddie in-between classes on Tuesday, and we decided it would be pretty fun to rent a car and drive to Hamburg and then Copenhagen. School-wise, this week was fairly routine: enmodes, physiology, lab, pharmacology, HoM. Thursday rolled around pretty quick, and I had to go pick up our rental car! I got there and the guy told me that I needed my passport… I had precisely 1 hour to run back home and get back before they closed at 6. This really was a struggle lol, I managed to get there right at 5:57. This was the real challenge though>> how do I drive on these roads haha. You would think you just go one way on a road, but reallyyy you CANNOT. What should have taken me about ten minutes to get back home, actually took around thirty. The next morning we all agreed to wake up early and get our road trip started. I picked Emily up first, 6 am, and then to Lauren and Maddie’s house. We were on our way!! I can only hype up an awful and deathly traffic-filled ride so much. I think it ended up taking about 7 hours in traffic what was only supposed to take around 4. We managed to make it to our hotel, check in, and then walk into the city center for a delicious dinner. We walked around the town a bit and then met a few super nice German girls (we did karaoke with them haha) The next day we woke up relatively early and decided to head off to Copenhagen. (sadly we didn’t get to see that much of Hamburg) 
          This drive was much better, NO TRAFFIC! We got to drive over this pretty cool bridge as well, unfortunately there was a toll... driving ended up being WAY more expensive than we had expected (gas is pricyy plus you have to pay for parking everywhere). We made it to Copenhagen and then walked around for a bit, did some sight seeing, and then went to a restaurant/bar with live music. We had a chill night in our hotel, and then went to bed a bit early so we could wake up and get our day started. The next day we walked around all of Copenhagen and saw allll the sights. It really was a beautiful town! But I’m not gonna lie, the little mermaid statue was a disappointment haha. That night we decided to drive home the long 9 hours back so we would have to pay for a hotel that night or get caught in god awful traffic the next day. This actually wasn’t a bad drive back. I made it the first 7 hours of driving and once it hit like 3 am Emily took the wheel and drove the last two hours.. We got in at like 5 and dropped everyone back at their houses. The next day was a lot of sleeping. I then returned the rental car, went to the gym, and grabbed dinner.
          All in all, I had a good time on this Easter holiday. Butttt, it turned out to be way too expensive and way to much driving for the three days we had to travel. Bad decisions on our part, (learning lesson) but no regrets! AND as long as you are with a good group of friends, you WILL have a good time doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment