Thursday, May 3, 2018

Chapter 16

This week we had our third physiology exam as well as our final exam. I outlined and rewrote the content for the third exam this time around, as in the past I studied with pen and paper instead of electronic notes. I’ve been using electronic notes for the past exams, and maybe I was not transitioning well to it. After the exams, I accompanied a friend to get his haircut and am still amazed at the price disparity of haircuts between genders. But then again, most females have long hair. I also took a study break and bought a lot of Haribo to bring back home. There was a haribo sweet that was shaped like the German flag, so I got a lot of those. I also went to the Botanishe Gärten der Friedrich-Wilhelms Universitat Bonn and the garden was free to visit and was incredibly beautiful. My favorite part was the room with all the cacti and succulents. Outside, I got to see baby ducks!!

On Friday, we had an excursion to Remagen. We were apparently supposed to bike but due to logistics, we could not. I would have loved to bike along the river and on the path — it was such a lovely day to do so. We did a tour of the Peace Museum at the Bridge of Remagen and it was interesting to see quotes of people who promoted peace; but then again, not everyone is perfect. There was an interactive art piece about peace, that had a dove and two people shaking hands occur when you held down a button which was cute. A section of the wall had the nobel peace prize winners, as of course Malala Yousafzai was listed. It’s doubly interesting as she is currently studying at Oxford, and one of my friends who is studying abroad at Oxford met her at a social event and snap chatted a selfie with her. These people aren’t just far off role models; they are not only among us but also they could be us. It was a simple reminder that our generation can take action to promote peace and other similar positive goods in the world. 


Later that night, we had the AIB farewell party. It was bittersweet even though the vibe was joyful with the amazing and talented band that played live music for us. The other study abroad programs had their work and art pieces displayed. My favorite piece was a stop motion booklet about a derpy pigeon by a student named Suzanne. Later, I watched Infinity War Avengers at the Woki theater with a friend. I’ve only watched three Marvel movies before, and even then I’m not a huge superhero follower so the majority of the time I was incredibly confused and had to ask for explanations after the movie. I’m pretty sure there were multiple question marks above my head, as the movie seemed like it needed a lot of background information to understand, and if you figured out that background information, you would have spoiled the other Marvel movies that you hadn’t seen yet. I don’t know, I was confused and low key still am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment