Friday, May 4, 2018

Siebzehn


Wow this is it. Our last excursion. The Rhine cruise was a great way to end the hero’s journey for all of us. The boat had a little playground with a slide on it that I rode many times. The History of Medicine final was the best final I ever had in college. I was hoping to be put into Slytherin and I did. I am the farthest away from a Hufflepuff and really not a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw. That following day I spent time buying some last minute gifts as the stores were going to be closed the next few days because of a public holiday. The farewell party was bittersweet and fun. I knew it was one of the last times I would see my host parents and friends on this trip. The food at the party was good and it was nice to see everyone there before we departed. The A&M Visualization students had some really cool art exhibits of their projects they have been working on the whole semester. There was a wide range of different forms of art from digital art to virtual reality. There was this spinning thing that had a strobe light attached to it that looked really cool. I think it was to show the individual steps of animation. They also made flip books that had the same concept. I really enjoyed all of their different renditions of these famous classical paintings. Packing was a bit overwhelming because my check-in luggage was filled with only gifts and fortunately weighed exactly 50 pounds. I had to check-in a second bag for my thing. I slept for only one hour which was a mistake because I felt extremely groggy after I woke up. I said my last goodbyes to my host parents and I will miss them a lot. My host mom gave me a list of everything she cooked for me since day one and a letter. She made it all in German for me to translate it which was sweet. When I come back to Europe, I will definitely go back to Bonn to visit my host parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment