Sunday, May 6, 2018

Amsterdam ☼ ☺


april 3-8
This week started off great with the excursion to bingen/andernach. Wasser gave us a tour of the Hildegard von Bingen Museum, we learned about medicinal plants, saw a little bit of the town, and then ate lunch at a nice restaurant. After the bus arrived back in Bonn, a group of us headed back to the AIB to plan our next weekend trip to Amsterdam. The rest of the week consisted of a lot of enmodes meetings to make sure we were ready by next week, as well as our usual physiology classes and lab. Friday evening Nicky, Kate, Artavia and I did a bit of shopping. I find myself shopping way too much; I’m going to overload my luggage if I keep buying any more shoes lol. Saturday morning we met at the Hauptbahnhof to catch the train to Amsterdam. We spent all day walking around the town, exploring the city, and relaxing in the perfect weather. I think the bike transportation is so odd here; I’d be a bit terrified to ride bikes around because the people seem so angry when you do something wrong lol. That night we spent hanging out and talking (our group dynamic is perfect, I have never melded with a group of people as much as I do this one) The next day we woke up and got a train from our hotel in Almere to the center of Amsterdam. Harrison had to leave this morning because he had to get back to Bonn for a basketball game, but us girls enjoyed a delicious breakfast of Dutch pancakes and then continued walking around the lovely town. Not surprisingly, we did a bit of shopping, and once again, I bought something I probably didn’t need. After this, we chilled at the park and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine one last time before we had to head back to catch the train back to Bonn. I especially didn’t want Monday to roll around because I have a pharmacology presentation due… that I haven’t even started, whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment