Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sadly it’s the end... ✈


Apr 30- May 2
On Monday, we met early in the morning at the Hofgarten to catch the bus to Bacharach. We walked around and got breakfast for an hour before we had to be back for the Rheincruise. Sadly, the weather wasn’t as warm as the previous days, so we ended up sitting inside and looking out the windows for most of the ride. After a while, Wasser called us up to to the final activity for history of medicine. He put us in groups and asked us questions for points—our team, Slytherin, lost. I’m really glad Wasser decided to end the semester like this; it was much more enjoyable than studying for a final exam. When we got off the boat, we headed to lunch, hiked up to Marksburg, and then had a really interesting guided tour of the medieval castle. We got back to Bonn later that evening, and I went home before meeting Kate and a few other people at the hauptbahnhof for a fun night out. We went to Tacos and then out to the clubs to celebrate going into May Day. Later that night Artavia and Nicky met up with us despite their genetics test the next day. Shout out to them for their devotion haha; it wouldn’t have been the same without you! Every time we go out, we always meet so many nice Germans. Once we are back in America, I’m going to miss meeting so many cool people. It’s probably just my own perception, but I feel like I never meet such great people in the US. Tuesday morning, we had to go to the AIB to do the course evaluations and the exit interviews. I feel like I wasn’t quite prepared for the questions that were asked; I’d say I’m not the best at on the spot reflections. For lunch, Kate, Claudia, Nicky, Artavia and I went to Vapianos. Afterwards, they went back to pack their bags, and I went to play the last AIB ping-pong games with Harrison, Artavia, and Joseph. Later that evening, I met everyone for the last group hangout at the Hofgarten. It was really very sad to say goodbye to everyone. It really doesn’t seem like the end. Of course the squad had to met up one last time so we met up for dinner and then went to Flynn’s for our last bonding experience in Germany before everyone heads their separate ways.  The end of this moment definitely was the saddest, but I know we will all meet up soon, especially since I am meeting Nicky in Ireland at the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment