Friday, May 4, 2018

Remagen & farewell party // B O N N

Our the friday of our last weekend here, we had a group excursion to Remagen. We got to walk along the Rhine river one last time and admire the beautiful of Deutschland. We also got the chance to visit the Brucke von Remagen (Bridge at Remagen) which was built during WW1 to move troops from one side to the other. It was captured by the US during WW2 when it was not destroyed. We got to see the remains of the bridge and we got to see the inside of the museum right next to it that was made from the some of the remains of the bridge. The museum was pretty cool. My favorite floor in the museum was the floor where we saw peace doves that core different message that promotes peace. In that room, we also got to see quotes from many prestigious people in the world, like Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa and so on. After visiting this museum, we went to get lunch at an italian restaurant. I had tagliolini and spicy meat sauce, which was absolutely delicious and seeing that the weather called for it, we all got two scoops of gelato. I got a scoop of dark chocolate and vanilla. After eating our meals, we went to catch our train back to Bonn to get ready for the farewell party later that evening. On the train, everyone was in a food coma, and the people I sat with knocked out. We made it back home to Bonn, and we all went to our houses. At home, I briefly worked on my blogs and Design History file, which contains detailed information about our device design project with Enmodes. After this, Lexie and I along with our host parents headed out to the farewell party. 

The farewell party was organized by the AIB, where our host parents, all the programs in the AIB, and all the AIB coordinators gathered together to say our goodbyes. This party was so much fun and a little saddening too. We got the opportunity to see artwork that students form LMU (Loyola Marymount university) and the visualization students from Texas A&M worked on the entire semester. The artwork/creation/animation of especially the Visualization kids brought tears to my eyes. It was incredible, all of it. It was refreshing to see a different kind of creativity from what we did in our program working with Enmodes. Speaking of Enmodes, That night my Design History File (DHF) was due, so I had to leave the party for a little bit to turn in my DHF. After I turned it in, I went back the old AIB to join everyone else. After spending a little time at the old AIB, a couple of us went out for drinks and went out dancing. This was so much fun too. It was my last night of hanging out late in Bonn. I got back home relatively late and so I went straight to bed. The next day, which was Saturday was when Lexie and I went to Siegburg, which is like 20 minutes away from Bonn, with our hot parents. The next vlog will be a documentation of our Rhine cruise. I will keep you posted.



Bis spater.
Photo gallery: 


No comments:

Post a Comment