Friday, May 4, 2018

Fünfzehn


This was actually my first time doing Big Event albeit International Big Event. I was never interested in doing it on campus because I heard a lot of my friends just helped with gardens and houses of old rich people and that was not something I was interested in. Some of them did not even get fed! International Big Event was different however as it was really giving back to the community. There were many different cool projects such as helping out the firefighters paint, renovating this spider art piece, and working on a farm. I was put into sorting out clothes and hygiene items at a donation center for the poor. We were focused on the refuges in Germany. We had to remove some paper in the hygiene bags that said “Welcome to Germany” as it would have been disrespectful  for those poor homeless people that have been living in Bonn for their whole lives.
Running the Bonn marathon was crazy since I don’t run. I should have been doing some light running at least to prepare for the Bonn marathon but I was so busy with classes along with constantly traveling that I really did not have the time to prepare. The good thing was that I was running the shortest leg of the relay but it was still five and a half miles which is a lot if you never ran before. I had to power walk to the old AIB as well because the normal trams were not running so that was already over one mile of semi-fast walking I did to get there as I was running a bit late. I was running with Claudia for a while then the student worker for basically the whole marathon just so I had someone to keep me company. Running is pretty boring in my opinion. I did not push myself too hard to run too fast because I did not want to feel like trash after the marathon. I felt surprisingly ok after running the 5.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment