Wednesday, May 9, 2018

MOM

I got to go to London with my mom during Spring Break!!

I did not realize how much I had missed my mom until I finally met her in London and I was super happy I got to be with her for a whole week and show her around a little bit of Europe, as this was her first trip ever to leave the US.

We watched the changing of the guard, ran around the Tower of London (where mom made bffs with the ravens that live there), had a fancy afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason in Picadilly, saw some cute doggos, got lost in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens (where we got to feed wild parakeets!), and think we saw every sight there was to see. It was a shame though that Big Ben was completely covered in scaffolding, being as it was one of the only things I realllllllyyyy wanted to see :(  Monday was a big day for us because we took a tour to see Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and the Roman Baths. Windsor Castle was awesome, and the Queen was even there when we arrived. She left while we were there though, because we could hear her helicopter as she left. Within the castle grounds in St. George Cathedral, where the royal wedding will be held in May. Now whenever the wedding comes on TV, I get to point and say hey I've been there! The cathedral was also super cool because that's where a lot of famous royals have been laid to rest, including King Henry VIII.

We left for Belgium on Wednesday, stopping in Belgium before we headed back to Germany. Bruge was the highlight of Belgium for us, with it being the cute little city we needed after being in the large cities of London and Brussels. In Belgium, we had waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, which I have no regrets about and never will have regrets about.


No comments:

Post a Comment