Sunday, May 6, 2018

typical


Feb 13-18
It was back to school after too much fun. Tuesday was a pretty dull day, but it was interesting to hear everyone’s Karneval adventures. I’ve been enjoying all of my courses so far; German is by far my favorite and I’ve come to learn that Dr. Wasser is the best professor ever. Enmodes is going pretty good as well. Our group works really well together, but I’m still trying to think of some ideas for my part of the project. Tuesday evening I dragged Artavia to the gym for a pretty intense leg day. Wednesday we had an excursion to Leverkusen to the Bayer visitor’s center. We had a really nice lady show us around and teach us a lot about their business. She explained the development of their business and the complicated processes of getting drugs approved and market ready. There were some pretty interesting hands-on activities to do including the virtual reality device, the interactive boards, games, and the heavy vest that makes you feel like an old person. The rest of the week was just classes as usual, nothing too special happened. I woke up to the first thick layer of snow on Thursday morning, which was pretty unexpected.  That evening I was feeling really nauseous and sick and ended up having to miss school Friday to go to the doctors. I also missed our little Galentines get together so I couldn’t give Deanna her present until the following Monday. I got her some flowers, fuzzy socks, and made her chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels. Saturday morning I worked on some schoolwork and came up with some ideas for our enmodes project. That evening I headed to Cologne to meet up with a couple German friends that I had met the previous weekend during Karneval. I spent the rest of the weekend with them and then headed back home Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment