Friday, May 4, 2018

I never thought coming home could be so wonderful and depressing at the same time

     Howdy everyone, as most of you know, I am back in the great state of Texas. Talk about a wild ride, from visiting different parts of Europe like Belgium, France, Hungry, Austria, Portugal, Spain, to staying within Germany and seeing Bonn, Zugspitze, Remagen, and many more wonderful places. This trip has truly been one of the best trips I have ever taken and maybe ever will. That being said, Germany was a hard place to leave. My host family was extremely nice and generous, they would make dinner for me even though they didn't eat dinner or cook in the late hours of the night. They always brought a smile to their faces even though they were going through some rough patches like family emergencies and disagreements within the family. They made me laugh, cry, and think about new ways to do things while I was there that I thought would never be normal but was.
I felt like I was touched by my host family and want to see them when I visit Germany again!

    Coming home was very uneventful except when I landed in Houston and my mom saw me after four months it was great. She was so excited to see me that I almost cried and felt like I could never leave her again. Since being home I have met up with some friends and just relaxed trying to get back into central time. I keep feeling like I'm going to wake up and be back in Germany though. It's very hard to believe that I am sitting in my bed writing this blog. But you know time moves on and before long I'll be sitting back in Germany. I had a truly wonderful experience writing these blogs as I hope you had reading them. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment