Friday, May 4, 2018

Sechzehn


Finals week was definitely terrible as usual. The physiology lab final was absolutely horrible. It does not help that most of the labs we don’t even do because we do not have the equipment or facility to do them. We learned nothing in lab so the lab final was just a guessing game. I tried to solve the problems but I would have honestly done better if I just guessed the answer choice ‘B’. We had our third physiology exam that Monday that did not go too bad. But I wish there was more time to study for it because the few days prior have been pretty hectic. I did above average on the physiology exam but the lab final killed me. The physiology final was a breeze and I am so thankful for Dr. Wasser.
The weekend after finals was the perfect time to go on a trip. We were done with everything so there was nothing to worry about. We decided to go to the city of London. This was my first time going to London so I did not know what to expect other than what I have seen on tv shows and movies. The flight was at 8am so we had to wake up super early to catch the bus to the Cologne-Bonn airport. When we arrived to London the first thing I wanted was a complete English breakfast. I have seen it so many times on the screen that I had to try it. It was amazing and delicious. After that we went to Hyde Park to walk around since our check-in time for our place was not until 3pm. We were all so exhausted but walking around, breathing  in the fresh air helped us stay awake. Once we got to our Airbnb house we all just crashed and slept for a few hours. Afterwards we ate at a place called Nando’s which served chicken wings and was super good. I ordered the “Wing Roulette” which had 10 random wings but I don’t think I got the spiciest one. We stopped by the grocery store to get some cereal to eat for breakfast the next day. We went to The National Gallery and I got to see many famous Van Gogh paintings like the sunflowers and Monet’s water lilies. I found my favorite Van Gogh painting of all time which is a painting of two crabs. I am not sure why I like it so much but it has to do with the colors of course and the way the crabs are lying there. After that we walked through the city again stopping at Chinatown, the Soho area, Jubilee Market, and Covent Market. We stopped by a place called Chandos for fish and chips. The fish and chips were divine and lived up to all my expectations. We took a flight back to Germany soon after and with such a short trip there was much left to see in London. I will for sure visit London again.

No comments:

Post a Comment