Friday, May 4, 2018

Arrrgh finals week // B O N N

Before coming to this program, I remember telling myself that I would not go on a weekend trip the weekend before finals. However, I did and I absolutely DO NOT regret it now. Switzerland was so much fun and incredible pretty. Now it was time to study and get through finals. 

The Monday I got back from Switzerland, I had my BMEN 253 final for which we were allowed to make a one page cheat sheet for. I made my cheat sheet the morning of my final and studied for my exam that same morning. The exam went okay but the exam I was most concerned about was physiology because we covered so much material and I literally had that night to go over the material. After I got back home on Monday, I ate dinner and I started studying. I fell asleep at like 12pm. Lexie was studying in the AIB and so when she got back she woke me up at like 2am. From then on, I kept studying again and then at like 5am I slept again and woke up at 7am to keep studying. My exam was at 2:15 pm that day but I had to be at the AIB early for our last group meeting where we said goodbyes to Sarah, one our AIB coordinator. After saying goodbye, it was time to take the exam. Overall it went okay, but it could have gone a lot better but I am glad I didn’t fail the exam. On Thursday, just a day after the second exam was the final exam for my physiology. Thankfully my professor reuses the questions from previous exams so the final exam went very well. Along with this, I had my take home final for BMEN 211. At this point, I have learned that an engineering course take home final is extremely hard. You can’t expect to finish it in a day. I worked on that final for a very long time. But I eventually finished it. I just hope I did the problems correctly and made a grade that is sufficient enough to give me an A in the class. The last final I had was the day before I leave Bonn, which I didn’t like very much. Over the weekend, Lexie and I spent a substantial amount of time with our host parents. On Saturday we went on a ice cream date in Siegburg, and we also went to our host mom's cousin house. There, our host parents gave us, Lexie and I, a necklace as a farewell gift. We also got to see our host mom's cousin garden which was huge and so beautiful.
 On Sunday we went to a Chinese buffet restaurant for dinner and we came back home and had a late evening strawberry tart dessert which was really yummy and I hope I can recreate it someday when I get back home. After feeling a bit bloated, Lexie and I decided to go for a walk later in the evening time. This week was extremely busy. Although I wanted it to go by fast so I could be done with my exams at the same time I wanted it to no go as fast because I know that this was my last week in Bonn. The Friday of this week before the weekend with my host parents described above would be shared in the next blog post titled "Ramagen & farewell party". I will keep you posted.

Bis Spater.
Photo Gallery:
Romanesque cathedral in Siegburg
Flower bed in my host mom's cousin's house 
Lexie in the garden! 




No comments:

Post a Comment