Friday, May 4, 2018

Week 5


This week kicked off with Karneval, which was surprisingly enough quite similar to Mardi Gras, only slightly more family friendly during the day. The costume aspect was really fun especially since Rosi provided me with a bright yellow pimp suit to wear. With such neon colors I matched Lauren and Madeline’s costumes, so we got some pictures to commemorate our matching. The first day of Karneval I drank way too much so I took it much slower for the rest of the time. It was crazy to see how the town was just partying hard every night for 4 days. One of the funniest things to happen during Karneval was when I was heading to meet up with people I saw what looked like a random pile of spaghetti in the middle of Friedensplatz and not 10 minutes later I run into Mitchell and others to fin out he’d thrown that up due to some kind of stomach bug he’d picked up.
Also During this week we went to Bayer to take a tour of a public relations facility they had set up so we could learn about their history and process. It was fairly interesting stuff albeit not all that relevant to my future career goals as I don’t intend to go into pharmaceuticals or similar. Chemical is not my forte. The facility also had a surprisingly nice garden that we got to walk through. That was a good time.
This week we also had the Pharmacology workshop which was pretty interesting but was just way too much in one sitting. I don’t think I was able to retain much from it because of how long it was for two days in a row, which was a shame because some of it was interesting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment