Friday, May 4, 2018

16. I don't like goodbyes


It's hard to believe we're leaving. Monday we had our last excursion. We took a boat down the Rhine River and had our final exam for history of medicine. Dr. Wasser sorted us into houses and I got Hufflepuff, I don’t know how he sorted everyone, but he got it spot on. We ate lunch after the cruise, the last schnitzel I ate in Germany! Then we toured Marksburg, the only unconquered medieval castle on the Rhine. It was really cool, and overall a good way to end the program. Tuesday we went back to the AIB for exit interviews and evals. Then my host family and I went out to dinner. Bibiana made a traditional suchartorte cake, it was phenomenal. We took shots of grappa and an herb liquor and had the cake and just hung out and talked for several hours. I'm really going to miss my host parents, I couldn't have asked for a better second family. Wednesday morning I was supposed to get up at 2:30 to catch my taxi at 3:30… I didn’t wake up until 3:25. So I ran around my house like a mad person and accidentally left all my makeup at my hot parents house. We rode two hours back to Frankfurt and parted ways at the airport. I definitely cried a few times during the past few days, but I know I’ll see everyone again and I’m excited for the next couple weeks and graduation! Whoop!  

No comments:

Post a Comment