Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Week 7


Week 7
           This week, we had our first physiology exam, which was my first test of my major classes for my degree. Since I have not taken anatomy or either of biochemistry class, this class has been a completely new material that I worried before coming to the program. However, because Dr. Wasser was really good at explaining the topic, and also because I had much more time in here for studying compared to my life in Campus doing the Corps of Cadets and other involvements, I was pretty confident with the material. Most importantly, I started to use the learning program ANKI with the anki people (Sebastian, Ana, Josh) and it was really helpful for memorization. The test went well, I think, not because I got good grades, but because I was able to answer every question without guessing.
           One of the highlights in this week, or maybe in the entire year in Germany, was the Karneval! I was literally astonished with how the quiet and civil people become wild and enthusiastic with this single event. This was totally eye opening for me. Old and young, man or woman, everyone dressed up specially and were all enjoying this event fully. Even more than that, I was so happy that I was able to walk in the Karneval, throwing out the “Kamela.” While giving out the candies, the eye contacts I made with the kids and people was so warm and happy that I will never forget in my life. I really really wished I have more candies to give out because I ran out of candies for the last quarter of the way. Overall, this was another very satisfied week in Germany and I am so happy for all these experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment