Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Week 15: The Bingen-ning of the End

With the program, we went to Bingen and Andernach on Thursday. The most interesting part, I found, was the house that we went to that had all sorts of medical curiousities and pieces of interest. There were all sorts of instruments and models. There was this little model of the Hotel Dieu, which was really interesting since, when the man brought it up on the tour, we were able to recognize the roof patterns and say what it was. At this point in the program, I feel like I’ve seen every iron lung that you can find in Europe. At one point, I asked the man where the restroom was and he, initially confused, started giving me directions to the marketplace. I, also confused, started to leave the room before Sarah noted that there was a bathroom right next to us. I’m realizing only as I type this that he probably thought I was asking for a restaurant. That makes way more sense. Noted. 


On Saturday after spending all day studying and working, some of us went to a new (new for me at least) bar called Shakers for Jessica’s 21st birthday. I got there late because we stayed studying physiology until around 10:30 and they startedat the bar around 10(oh renal). When I finally got there, they asked if I had a reservation and I said my friend has one. To that they said, “Oh, you’re with Jennifer Lawrence.” Who am I to say no to that? It ended up being the right table but we ended up leaving soon after I got there and ordered a drink. It was a pretty fun time before the stress that is coming up next week. Hurrah...

No comments:

Post a Comment