Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Enmodes Week and Easter weekend in Bonn


This week was the Enmodes week, and I would say the week that we have been waiting for long. Dr. Wasser has been really emphasizing that we really have to work hard in this first three days of the week, and I was a little concerned about that. I found our last Friday presentation went well so I was not really worried about the content. Actually, it was a lot better than I expected. Most likely, we had free time to edit and strengthen our presentation, also a time to study for the genetics test for me and my genetics friends. Our exam was scheduled on Wednesday, but since I was totally not prepared with all the excursions and trips I had, I really needed time. Practicing for the presentation was fun and informative, and I think I really improved every time I perform it. I believe our presentation was well-prepared and nicely done, I went back home with night bus memorizing the script to say on the D-day. The morning of the day, I dressed up and went to a barbershop to get a fresh haircut, and it really added me some confidence. Then when we went in to the meeting place, I found it so funny to do a Tai Chi with us all suited up and ready for presentation. The presentation really went well, in my opinion, and all the members of every group did a pretty good job and I really liked that it finished successfully. Having a celebration wine afterwards will be a good memory.
           Then starting from the day after the Enmodes presentation was our Easter Weekend! Everyone seemed so excited, but I was not because I’ve got some writings and studies to do including 1500 words for my genetics class for extra credit, and 1000 to 1500 words for my biomedical writings class. I once thought to myself “You should have done that earlier!” but I also knew I did not enough time for these writings and I also had to rest for the past days. Also, everything was really expensive during the Easter because it’s a worldwide holiday when everyone leaves for travel. So I chose to stay in Bonn and it was actually not bad at all just relaxing while doing some works and spent time with watching TV and with host parents. Also, I did not want to miss Sunday in Bonn with my church during the Easter weekend. It was actually rewarded me because they prepared some special Korean food for celebration. I am very happy and thankful for all these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment