Monday, May 6, 2019

The calm before the storm

As finals seasons approach, classes are getting less intense and its a lot more reviewing. This week we finished our last History of Medicine class with a sauna lecture. I though this lecture was pretty interesting because I did not know there was so much history behind sauna and now I can say I know more about the subject than most people. On Wednesday, we went to Bingen, which is another city along the Rhine. It was so pretty and there were these cool ruins nearby. We also went into the Hildegard museum where Dr. Wasser sang for us. We then went to another museum that was focused more in medicine that was in a guy's house and I thought it was pretty cool how passionate he was about it. The tour was a little slow because he did not speak a lot of English so he would have to stop very often to let him look up the words and in some instances he would just skip some things because he did not know how to explain them.
On Tuesday, we had the very first AIB Aggie Muster. I had not been to a Muster before so this experience was even more impactful to see. I truly felt how special it is to be an Aggie.
That same Tuesday, Avengers: Endgame came out in Bonn way before than the U.S.A., so I could not miss the chance to see this movie AND rub it in everyone's face. The only downside was that we left the theatre at 4 and made it home at 5:30, but it was sooooo worth it.
During the weekend, all I did was study study study. At one point I actually felt like my brain was going to overheat and explode, but since this is a STUDY abroad and not just a vacation, I had to show my family that I was in fact learning here and not just going out.
Next week is the last week and all the emotions are starting to get to me, but I will try and focus on one day at a time and enjoy the short time I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment