Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Big Event and Bonn Marathon

The Big Event and Bonn Marathon
For the Big Event I got placed in a group that was assigned to replace old sand from a playgroud at an elementary school with new sand. This was way harder then it sounds. This activity required me to shovel sand by bending down and scooping it into a wheelbarrel. This was a lot of work but it only took about a few hours due to there being so many of us. I loved that there were so many students, it gave me an opportunity to meet new people from the study abroad program. After all the work was done we all sat together and ate a huge lunch. Even though I was sore the next day from bending over so much I wouldn’t have wanted to do anything else that Saturday morning besides doing an aggie tradition like the big event. It was especially cool that I got to participate in the big event abroad and show Germans what aggies do. 

I participated in the second part of the relay with three other of my great girlfriends. I woke up especially early so that I could cheer on my friend Melania who was doing the first part of the relay. After she was done doing 5 miles she passed on the chip to me who was doing 7.5 miles. I ran past the Rhine river and ran to the tallest building in Bonn and then went through museum mill and back to hofgarden. I completed my run in a little over an hour which is what I expected since I hadn’t practiced at all beforehand. When I was done with my part I passed the chip to my friend Masha who ran the second shortest part. Midway through her run I was able to cheer on her, and other students in our program. Once she was done the last leg belonged to my friend Jessica. We waited for her in the Markt so that we could run with her to the finish line. Overall we did pretty badly compared to all the other teams, but at the same thing it was kinda cool how all of us completed a marathon together without any training. I’m so proud of all of us that did this. And the best part of this was the free food at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment