Friday, May 3, 2019

Berlin (week 15)

Over Easter weekend I went to Berlin with a couple people from the program and it was a ton of fun! We went to see the Berlin wall, Topography of Terror museum, East Side Gallery, Memorial for the Jews, and so much more. I had never been to Berlin before and I was so happy we were able to go. The weekend was really relaxing and a nice way to destress after Enmodes and genetics. Plus we didn't have much going on for school the week after Easter, so I did not have to do homework over the weekend. One of my favorite parts of the trip was the last night we were there we went to a dance hall called Clarchens ballroom and it was the cutest place ever. There were a ton of older, German couples who were there and had polished routines. It made all of us look so uncoordinated compared to them. But it was a ton of fun and I'm so glad we got to go there our last night. But, all in all, Berlin was awesome and I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed it. I did not expect Berlin to be one of my favorite cities on this program, but at the end of the weekend, I found myself not wanting to leave and recognizing how much I loved the city. There is so much to do there and I feel like I barely scratched the surface of things to do in Berlin. I hope to go back one day!




No comments:

Post a Comment