Sunday, May 5, 2019

Finals Week (4/29)

This was the fastest longest week of my life. It began with a bike ride to Remagen which was super tiring for some reason. I’m a pretty fit person, but even still that bike ride was challenging. It was a very relaxing ride, and Remagen was a very cool place. We didn’t see much of the town, but the bridge there had a lot of history behind it. It gave me a new appreciation for what happened in the Rheinland during World War II. I never fully realized how much fighting happened here, and how important crossing the Rhein was. The train ride back to Bonn took about as long as the people who rode their bikes.

Finals really kicked my butt. The physiology test was hard on me. Despite me knowing the information, I could not do well on the test. I’m not sure why I struggle so much on Dr. Wasser’s exams. After physiology was differential equations, and that test beat me down so hard. I was very unprepared for that test. At this point I’m just hoping to pass the class. I can’t handle retaking any of these classes ever again. To retake a class would make the trip to Germany not as worth it. After Diff EQ was the physiology final. That test was a lot easier since I already knew all the answers. The BMEN 211 exam kicked me hard too. I struggled a lot, but I finished it so that’s all that matters. Then all the finals were done, and all that was left was blog posts and the DHF. Over the weekend we went on the Rhein Cruise, which we had some horrible weather for, but it was still very nice. On the History of Medicine Final I was surprised with how much I knew about the history of medicine. It seems like I learned a lot from that class. Then we had the farewell party. I said bye to everyone and left early so that I could have dinner with my host family, and we had an excellent dinner. I am really gonna miss them a lot. It’s crazy to think about where I was in my life before I began this trip and where I’m at now. I’ve become so much stronger than I thought I could become in such a short amount of time. I’ve gained so much. I’m gonna miss my new home so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment