Wednesday, May 8, 2019

week 15- pre-finals, post-Easter

I came home from Berlin to a lovely Easter basket with a bunch of chocolate from my host mom. This was much appreciated since I am, in fact, a chocolate FIEND. This school week started on Tuesday since the Germans are still celebrating Easter on Monday (Ostermonntag!).
On Tuesday night, Avengers: Endgamecame out at midnight. Not only is this the biggest movie of the year, but I am a big Marvel fan, AND the movie doesn’t come out for another three days in the USA. If you at all familiar with this movie, you would know that it is 3 hours long, so we did not finish watching the movie until after 3 am. In the midst of being excited to watch this movie, nobody thought of how we were going to get home after the movie. We spent too long waiting in line for the bathroom and barely missed the train, so we had to wait an hour for the next one. I didn’t end up going to sleep until it was almost 6 am, but I have no regrets. 
On Thursday, we took a class excursion to Bingen and Andernach, which are both cute little German towns along the Rhine. I really love going on excursions to different places just because I get to look out the window and see all the green hills. In Bingen, we went to a museum of St. Hildegard. I don’t remember much from the museum, but I do remember Dr. Wasser singing a Georgian chant. 
In Andernach, we went to a medical history museum. This was really cool because I really enjoy seeing old medical instruments just because it makes me realize how far medicine has come over the years. Another highlight, if not THE highlight of this excursion was finally being able to listen to Beyonce’s Lemonade album on the bus since its officially on Spotify now!!
Once school got out on Friday, I was in 110% grind mode. With finals next week, there is no time to waste. I pretty much spent the entire weekend at school. Saturday night was Jessica’s 21stbirthday, so we went to get some drinks now that she is legal (well technically, she has been legal in Germany for the past 4 months lol).  
 Also, this week it snowed for some reason… IN APRIL! Although Germany is so beautiful this time of year, I am not sure how I feel about having to pull out my winter coat again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment