Friday, May 3, 2019

Week 13/14 (Enmodes Co-Op Presentation)

Week 13:

This week was fairly uneventful, I did have the opportunity to go back to the first city that I ever traveled to outside of Bonn: Aachen. To prepare for the meeting discussed below, we visited the company Enmodes to run mock presentations and get feedback from the heads of the company.  We also had the chance to visit a museum dedicated to the history of various biomedical engineering devices such as heart valves.   

Apr. 18: Enmodes Co-Op Presentation


Toast with Project Team
While I may or may not have mentioned it in a previous post, a large portion of this study abroad was devoted to working for the German biotechnology company Enmodes. While I am not able to divulge a lot of what I worked on due to confidentiality issues, I can say that I think this semester long project gave me many insights into the nature of working at industry in my field.

Apr. 19: Exploring Rhineaue Park




The Rhinaue state park, while only a 5 min tram ride from my university, was completely unknown to me for the majority of the semester which is really a shame given the beauty and expansiveness of the park. Luckily for my first trip to the park, I opted to bike there from home instead of using public transportation. I say luckily because of the hidden gems and views that I discovered riding along the Rhine. 



"On 31 May 1989, Barbara Bush, wife of the American George Bush, donated this segment of a 750-year-old Californian sequoia as a gift from the American people to the citizens of Bonn for the 2000 year celebration of their city. It is meant to be a symbol of lasting German-American friendship. The panels, which are attached to the corresponding annual rings, indicate important dates in the history of the city of Bonn."





The park was far larger and more beautiful than I thought it would be. I thoroughly enjoyed spending a few hours biking the many trails that weaved between the lakes, hills, and tress. I only wish I had a few more weekends to explore the many parts of the parks that I was unable to reach by bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment