Sunday, May 5, 2019

Week 16: Last week in Bonn, Germany

This is it, my last week in Germany... I have very mixed emotions about it. ๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ˜Œ

To start off my last week here, I had my third physiology exam. Fortunately, my only final this week was physiology. After being super busy all semester, it was odd to suddenly have so much free time! My final went extremely well and was a great way to top of the semester. On Friday, we did evaluations of the program and exit interviews. During the exit interview, I was given an envelope that had goals I set for myself at the beginning of the semester. My goals were: make all A's, have a simple conversation in German, and be independent and more confident in what I do. Although I'm still waiting for final grades, the last two have been fulfilled. ๐Ÿ˜ Hearing Mats ask us our final thoughts about the program made me realize this was really it. Our last week of study abroad!
To celebrate our semester, a few friends and I went out Friday night. (The last time I went out in Bonn was my birthday, haha. Like I said, time just flew by!) It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I had a last night on the town. :)
On Saturday, we went on a Rhinecruise and visited a castle. During the Rhinecruise, we had our History of Medicine final. It was a game -- I was on Team Hufflepuff! It was a lot of fun and a good way to end the course. Afterwards, we had lunch and hiked up to the Marksburg Castle. I love hiking and this was my first time visiting a castle, so I enjoyed it a lot. ๐Ÿ˜Š

View from inside the castle! 
I'm writing this at my desk, enjoying the view of my backyard and desk plants that my host-family bought me months ago. Although I'm excited to go home, I am a little sad to leave this place I've called home for the semester. However, I'm so grateful for everything that I've experienced so far, and I'm excited to see what the next chapter of my life has in store!

Tschรผss Germany! ✌๐Ÿ’œ

No comments:

Post a Comment