Friday, May 3, 2019

Edna Modes (week 14)

This week we presented our final research project to Enmodes in Aachen. The work leading up to it was tough though. Tuesday and Wednesday all we did was prepare for our presentation. This was especially difficult for the genetics students as we had an exam and a 1500 word paper. It definitely taught me time management skills as we were here until 1am preparing for Enmodes and we had to prepare for both Enmodes and our exam. I enjoyed the research and presentation process of the project. It was a ton of work towards the end and I wished we didn't have to be at AIB until 1am, but I am thankful our presentation went so well on Thursday. I enjoyed going through this process with other students on this program and afterwards it felt really rewarding to be done with it. Also, on Monday we had a workshop over the Alexander technique. This was really interesting because I grew up performing in theater and had heard about the Alexander technique before, so to be able to learn this from someone who teaches it professionally, was really neat.

For academics, genetics took up the most of my time with Enmodes, but otherwise there wasn't a ton of work outside of this. I was glad when this week ended because then it was Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment