Sunday, May 5, 2019

Week 14: the most stressful week of the semester

Before I start, let me just say that I truly did not see a light at the end of this week. I have never had so much on my plate at once. (Presentation, test, and 2 1500 word essays within 4 days). It all worked out though. 😁 To sum it up:

Monday (4/15): A never ending day

I had school all day, with a 3 hour Alexander Technique workshop in between. It was not the worst day ever, but also not my favorite.

Tuesday (4/16): Another never ending day

I had school all day again. Although we did not have classes, we worked all day finalizing our Enmodes project. In between Enmodes, I studied for genetics because we had a test the next day -- super unfortunate. We also had to be at school from 10:15 AM to 12 AM (not an exaggeration).

Wednesday (4/17): Send help because wait for it... Another never ending day

I had school all day again. This consisted of: finalizing for Enmodes, cramming for genetics, taking my genetics exam at night, and presenting like four times. More specifically, my group was extremely stressed because, though we had gotten positive feedback about our project Tuesday, on Wednesday (the day before our final presentation), we were told to change our core idea. My group did not take this lightly; however, we did what needed to be done. After my exam, I felt confident about it and had a weight lifted off of my shoulder. After staying at school until around 2 AM, we finally got to leave.

Thursday (4/18): Final Enmodes presentation

We went to Aachen and presented our final projects to Enmodes. My group had a great presentation and we got really good feedback from Enmodes. I enjoyed hearing what the other groups came up with as well. We all did great, and everyone's hard work paid off.


After getting home, I immediately started my 1500 word genetics essay due tomorrow. Until then, I had not had the opportunity to work on it. Sleep deprived yet motivated, I wrote about Familial Mediterranean Fever and found it interesting! 

Friday (4/19): Take off to Berlin. Oh, and finishing the genetics essay

This Friday was Good Friday, so we had the school day off. Having planned this trip 3 weeks prior, I headed to the airport for my flight to Berlin. With laptop in hand, I continued to work on my genetics essay due that night. After getting to Berlin, me and Jessica had dinner at a cute burger bar and walked around for a bit. Later at night, I finished my essay and had another weight lifted off.

Saturday (4/20): Grind don't stop

Saturday morning I headed to a cute coffee shop to work on another 1500 word essay I had due that night. Given the week, I also had yet to start this one. Fortunately, I was able to finish within a few hours and was happy with my work. After that, I spent the day with Adriana. We took a walking tour, went window shopping, and had dinner at a delicious Korean restaurant.
Brandenburg Gate
Sunday (4/21): Officially a free day! Yay!

Having made it through the week, I was officially free of school work for a day. :) Adriana and I went to a cute breakfast place in the morning before heading to the botanical garden. At the garden, we met up with Ryan F. It was a lot of fun. 🌳🌸🌼❤ The Berlin Botanical Garden is one of the biggest botanical gardens in the world and was so beautiful!

After that, I walked through the Tier Gardens, visited the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and its museum, the East Side Gallery, and a few bars.


Overall, Berlin was one of my favorite places to visit and I'm so happy I went. Until then, I had not visited anywhere else in Germany. I hope to go back some day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment