Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Mutter Konzert and Soccer Night


           Several weeks ago, my host mom told me that she will be singing in a concert in a week in April. Since I knew that she had been practicing every Tuesday in a choir, I knew that this will be a good moment that I can actually participate in her daily life. So it was this week, and thankfully I had nothing scheduled for the weekend, so my host dad and I drove together to Konigswinter where the concert will be done. When I got there, almost everyone was German and I really felt like I really into the culture in this moment! It was not just my mom’s choir but few other choirs, one from university of Bonn, one by a men’s choir, and many others. The singing and concert itself was so good that really satiated my ears, and I was so glad that I told her I would like to go. But the thing was, at that same day, a important soccer game was scheduled, which is a rival match between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munchen. And because my host dad is also a fan of soccer game, we really wanted to watch the game too. Fortunately, since my mom’s choir was singing only in the front and the last song, my host dad had planned a game night with his friends in Konigswinter, and we drove to his friend’s house. When I got there, there were three other men in the age of 60s (like my host dad), and at first, I felt like I may make them feel uncomfortable. But as we sit together, and each having a beer, I felt like I am actually making good atmosphere out of it and this was very exciting for me! Because I was actually able to be involved with not only a Germans but them in 60s! The fact that everyone was capable of English helped a lot but still, I was very happy that I was comfortable and I did not make them uncomfortable. The game was really fun and we went back to my mom’s concert. When we got back, a party was going on in the concert hall with band playing and people holding pizza and bottles of beer. This was another very good experience that I got to sing together with them being really into the culture and get to know some of them. I believe I am really blessed that I got these experiences and thank God again for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment