Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Week 10


With all the delays getting back to Bonn, I missed the first day of classes. Then a lot of classes got cancelled in the next few days. So all in all, it was a very relaxing week with barely any classes, pretty much no homework except getting caught up or ahead on reading, and no big plans other than back and forth between my host house and the AIB.
Since we had so many classes cancelled, it was a relaxing week getting back into the swing of things. On Tuesday night, Kevin and I went to hang out at Masha's host house, which was really cool to see how someone else's situation is set up. She had her own wing of the house with her own entrance, fridge, bathroom, etc. It was definitely a sweet set up! It was also really nice to just get to hang out with people outside of school or a busy itinerary on a trip somewhere. All in all, a pretty relaxing week. Except I had to walk home that night because we hung out til the night buses started, and the night bus only goes in one direction: my house to Masha's, not in the direction of Masha's to mine. But we only live 3 stops apart, so it was only maybe like a 20 minute walk, which I know some people have to do every day for their bus. Tuesday was also my grandma's birthday, so I called her up while walking home just to feel a little safer & it definitely made her feel special that I was able to call on her birthday even though I am abroad. Love you Nana! We are also getting ready for the Bonn Marathon in April! We had a meeting this week to discuss how things were going to go. I'm starting to get a little nervous about how little training I've done… but hey, it's only like 6 miles… doable, right? My host mom made Schnitzel this week, which is my favorite meal that she makes, so just another plus added to a good week. Most of all, this was the perfect way to get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment