Friday, May 3, 2019

Post Spring Break (Week 11)

After spring break my week was relaxing and during the week my sister, Joanna, visited me! It was so great to have her here in Bonn. She came with one of her best friends from back home, so I had the opportunity to show both of them around Bonn. I took Joanna and her friend to Cologne to see the cathedral and to the Lindt chocolate factory. We went on a Sunday because I knew I would not have much time during the week to take them to Cologne. But because we went on a Sunday, almost everything was closed, so there was not much to do. But, we all still had a great time! The chocolate factory was fun to see, we didn't do the tour because of how expensive it is, but we went to the cafe inside the factory and split a chocolate fondue. Afterward we took the train back and got dinner in Bonn. On Monday, I showed Joanna and her friend AIB and my daily commute to and from school. It was really fun to show my sister how I have been getting around Europe and for her to see that I was doing ok. Having family here was so refreshing and made my week so amazing. It really helped because it was about halfway through the semester and I knew that if I could make it that far without seeing them, I could go another half of the semester! What also really helped is that weekend my boyfriend came to visit me in Bonn. That was so amazing to be able to have him come and see everything I have been doing here in Germany. Unfortunately getting him to Germany was difficult. His flight was supposed to get into Frankfurt at 5PM Friday night, but there was a drone circling around the airport and his flight had to stop in Cologne for three hours. But, eventually he made it to Frankfurt around 9PM and I was able to finally see him! That weekend I took him to Cologne to see the cathedral and the chocolate factory like I did with my sister. We also went to Drachenburg castle. This was really exciting because he had never been to Europe before, so getting to see his reactions to everything was so fun! Seeing him and my sister in the same week helped so much and I know I can go another month and a couple weeks until I see them again! 

For school I studied a lot this week as it’s the week before our physiology exam. Classes weren’t too bad this week and I enjoyed having less to do so I could be with my sister more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment