Friday, May 3, 2019

Week 11- A Cinematic Marathon


Week 11

Wake up and grind baby. A quick cold shower followed by some hot coffee, what better way to start the day? Maybe even chow on some fresh fruit or Nutella-covered toast for breakfast. Unless if you’re into intermittent fasting in the mornings- that’s cool too. After zero time spent on funny business, I usually head off to the AIB building where we have class and that is my typical morning. However, this week was unlike any other.

Rather than feeling sharper than a Saï Ninja Blade, ready to tackle any problem, I felt more like a pear. Debate has risen over the reason behind this, but the point is that I was not feeling my best this week. I missed some classes which really is tragic. Interestingly, my discomfort usually happened at night this week. Because of that, I was still able to go to class most of the week and do some usual random shenanagins. For example, I attended the Lithuanian State Orchestra at the Cologne Philharmonic Opera house this week. Wow! It was honestly surreal. I got emotional watching (or, hearing) them perform. Guys have their sensitive sides too, you know.

Unfortunately, my illness continued basically through the weekend. I will have to take two exams on Monday and Tuesday, which is really fine. I just want to be 100% ready for our Paris trip.

I will briefly summarize some of the shows and movies I watched while under the weather this week:

·      The Dirt- Netflix Original Film- If you enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, you’ll enjoy this film. This Netflix original takes a similar take at the life of The Motley Crue, a famous and controversial rock/metal band from the 80s. The film shows the wild shenanagins the band engaged in throughout their lives, and of course, on the famous band tours.
·      Triple Frontier- Netflix Original Film- In this Netfilx Original film, a group of ex military men take on their own private mission that is definitely worth watching. This film is full of action and suspense. It also portrays the sensitive and emotional side of humans amongst all the action.
·      Antoinne Griezmann- The Making of a Legend- What a film! This documentary is about the legend himself and how he came to be the craftsman we all admire on the pitch. The movie is in French with English subtitles, but I still recommend it.
·      You- Netflix Original Series- This series is absolutely crazy. Since it’s new, I wont say anything that will risk spoiling the show. However, I don’t recommend watching it. It’s very disturbing.
·      The Dawn Wall (2017)- This documentary is about two guys who set out to free climb the Dawn Wall of Yosemite’s El Capitan. The movie was good, although very long. It could have definitely been shorter. I watched it because it’s the closest I could get to the new Oscar winner Free Solo by Nat-Geo photographer Jimmy Chin. That film is not yet available outside of the US. This movie though (The Dawn Wall) is also full of suspense and shows great moments of triumph which are always motivating to see.
·      When We First Met (2018)- Shout out to Masha for recommending this movie. It was really quite funny.
·      The Departed (2006)- Like most DiCaprio movies, The Departed is quite unique. He and Matt Damon do a great job to complete this old Jersey-mob-cop thriller into a movie I definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment