Friday, May 3, 2019

The time I almost died from not training for a marathon (week 12)

This week was very relaxing and over the weekend we participated in Big Event, Bonn edition. I’m so happy that we were able to do this! I haven’t been able to participate in Big Event before because last year was my first year at A&M and I had the flu the same weekend. I have always wanted to participate before so I was glad I could. I was part of the group that painted the elementary school. This was really fun and I could tell the staff at the school were thankful we were there to help. Big event is such a special event and I’m really glad I was able to be part of that all the way over here in Germany. We also had the Bonn marathon this weekend. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, but I really did! I participated in the relay with Melania, Adriana, and Masha. They were such a great group of girls to do this with. Thankfully we were all out of shape so I didn’t feel bad running slow and not ending up in first place! I loved how so many people in Bonn came out to cheer people on in the marathon. It made it so fun and honestly easy to run 7.6 miles (never done that in my life until this weekend). I’m really glad I participated!

For academics, this week wasn't too bad, we didn't have an exam and don't have an exam in either Physiology or Genetics for about a week. We have our initial Enmodes presentation next week, so we prepared for that during the majority of this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment