Wednesday, May 8, 2019

week 16- biking to another town during finals week isn't so bad

On Monday, I began my morning sprinting from school to Bonn Hauptbahnhof. I was supposed to be meeting everyone at 8:30 am, but unfortunately I still have not adopted the German tradition of punctuality and showed up 20 minutes late. Fortunately, it didn’t matter because I wasn’t the last person to show up.
            The reason we were meeting that morning was to bike 20 km to Remagen, another small town along the Rhine. At first, I was a little salty since I had a big Physiology test the next day, but all my worries were taken away as I pedaled down the beautiful path, with the trees on my right and the Rhine to my left. I definitely get caught up in school sometimes, but moments like that make me realize how grateful I am to be living in such a beautiful place. This experience allowed me to appreciate nature and Germany so much more. Remagen itself was pretty small; we just saw an old bridge and ate some schnitzel.
            That night, I ended up staying the night at school to study for my big test the next morning. I hadn’t had time to review for the test all day, plus I had a night class, so it only made sense to make the most of my time by cutting out the time to get to and from school.  As I laid next to the heater in the basement, using a chair cushion for a bed, I could only think about how the pain better be worth it. 
            The rest of the week, I pretty much just studied for my two finals. It was a little stressful, but they were over sooner than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment