Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Paris

Paris

Visiting the Palace of Versailles was probably the best part of Paris. I got to see another beautiful palace in Europe while getting to bond with some more of my friends. I spent the entire time with only one friend when we were inside the palace due to it being so crowded on the inside. It was a blast I got to see so much gold painted stuff and pretty paintings. If the place were less crowded I would have liked it more, however; I got to spend the entire time with Sid and Sebastion which made everything better. We eventually got tired of seeing the palace and decided to walk outside to see the gardens. We walked weird paths to see many different secluded areas with elaborate statues and plants. My favorite part though was just sitting out on the grass and talking to them while still getting to watch ducks and other tourist. Eventually we had to meet up with the group to have a group picnic. Before we could eat anything our tour guide gave us an explanation of how the French make their sandwiches. This picnic consisted of so many different meats and cheeses. I only tried out things I was familiar with, like my favorite sandwich meat procutoo and goat cheese. Afterwards we ate chocolate mousse with strawberries and cookies. And the highlight of this picnic was that it was on pull out day. This meant that the sophomores would be officially able to “whoop” out loud for that day. It also meant that the juniors like me would be able to practice our new wildcat. And while doing these Texas A&M chants a fellow aggie heard us from a distance and ran over to participate. He was on his honeymoon with his wife in Paris and both of them had graduated from Texas A&M. This experience made me appreciate the reason I chose to go to a large university. To become part of the aggie network and to meet others aggies from all over the world. 



The second best part of this trip was getting to visit the Notre Dame. Getting to see this huge cathedral was breathtaking, especially since I got to see it two weeks before part of it burned down. I was expecting it to be not crowded on the inside since I had visited so many other famous cathedrals that weren’t very crowded, but I was very wrong. The cathedral was very packed. I went through the cathedral once and was probably pushed and shoved more then I ever have in my life. However, I was still so lucky to have been able to see such a remarkable church that is such a big part of history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment