Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 11

The coolest part of this week was our trip to the Uniklinik, where we had the opportunity to shadow anesthesiologists and watch surgeries while actually standing in the operating room. This was the closest I have ever been to seeing a surgery in real life, and I am grateful for this amazing opportunity. I watched ear, nose, and throat surgeries. They weren't too invasive, but they were really cool to watch. It seemed very intricate because the surgeon had to work in such a small location. The anesthesiologist also talked to me about all of the drugs he was using. I thought this was really cool because I could connect what I was learning in pharmacology to how it is used in the medical field. Later in the week, we also had the opportunity to tour the anesthesia museum in Bonn. This further tied together everything I had learned in class, as well as what I saw in the actual operating room. This week was full of excitement, and was a highlight of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment