Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 14- Enmodes


We've waited a semester to give our presentation. We've done so much research, so much designing, so much prepping. The entire week was filled with practicing our enmodes presentations so that they could be as close to perfect as they could be. Every day things were being changed in our presentations and at times it was a bit hard to keep up. On Tuesday, we did an initial run-through for Dr. Wasser and Madeleine and they gave us numerous things to change. I had no idea that we were going to spend over 12 hours at AIB each day. We did another run-through on Tuesday before leaving at 11:30. On Wednesday, we got to class early to make more corrections and then we did another practice run-through. I was very scared that I wouldn't be able to remember everything that I needed to say. All of my teammates were doing so well and I did not want to be the one to mess up, especially since I was the one speaking last. When we did our first run-through for Dr. Wasser this day, my mind went blank. It took me a solid ten seconds to remember what I needed to say. The last run-through was a lot better and we were finally able to go home around midnight. The next day, we had to be up at 6 am to meet at Hofgarten at 7:20. I didn't think I'd be able to get up on time. Luckily, everyone in my group showed up on time and we gave, in my opinion, a flawless presentation to enmodes. We were able to answer all of the questions that they had and they seemed to understand how hard we worked on our idea. The rest of the day was spent exploring Aachen and I finally got to try those chocolate croissants that everyone was talking about. They were alright, nothing special. I was so glad to finally put this project behind us.

Tldr; The stress was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment