Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 14 - London!!

To all 2 of my followers, let me start by saying Happy Easter! This year I was lucky enough to spend it in London, England! I'll give you the play by play:

The first day, when we arrived, we went straight to Camden town and got lunch at a great restaurant. I had buffalo chicken strips and cheesefries there and they nearly brought tears to my eyes.. Oh how I miss American food right about now. Anyways, we then walked around the market in Camden and went shopping! I bought a nice pair of super hip sun glass that are polarized for 30 pounds. In retrospect, I probably should have tried to bargain with those sellers there but.... oh well. It's a learning experience I guess. In the market place is a nice area with alot of food carts where they sell food from all over the world and it all looked so freaking good. I got to try some gourmet soda that had orange, grapefruit and passionfruit in it, Yummo! After that, It got a little late so we just went back to the hostel to prepare for the next day.

The next day we woke up and went to the Tower of London. Even though it was super expensive to get in (20 pounds = 28 dollars) it was totally worth it. Maggie had recommended it to us and said that the guided tours are free and really really good. well she was really really right. The tour we went on was amazing. It was very eye opening, very comical, very historical, and most importantly, very fun! I would seriously recommend it to anyone who goes there. After that, we got some "clotted cream" (the english version of ice cream) and then joined an event called "Protect the white tower". It was kind of like a Larping activity but still... pretty fun lol. Also, at the Tower of London are the Crown Jewels! I got to see it with my own eyes and holy moly, they're beautiful. It was such a treat being able to see that stuff in person. I thoroughly enjoyed it. After this, we went to go see Buckingham palace which was super cool too! Then we decided to go back home and prepare for the next day!

After we woke up, we went to take picture by the London bridge, and Big Ben and West Minster Abbey. I swear the whole time I was there I had the Roger Miller Song "England Swings" playing on repeat in my head lol. London was just such a beautiful city. The Biggest treat I think was being able to see Wicked on West End! Ever since I was in 8th grade I have wanted to see that musical because everyone around says that its super good. Now I can officially say that it is unbelievably good. The story plot fit perfectly with the plot from the Wizard of Oz and I truly, truly enjoyed it. The singers were phenomenol and the girl who played elphoba had the voice of an angel. 10/10 would recommend this musical to literally anyone.

On the last day in London, we went to get some famous Chinese food which was really good because apparently the chinese food is super good in London (idk). Then we went to the British Museum! This museum had literally so much in it and I really really liked it. We got to see really cool things like the Rosetta Stone, Mummies, and even more lamasu from the ancient assyrian tribes! The museum was huge and a real treat! The only thing I would critique about it is that there is no flow in the museum, its like of just like, "walk here then walk back where you came from to go there" type deal. Other than that it was really cool though!

Altogether London was a great experience and I loved every minute of it! I can't wait to go back when I'm older and have a lot more money though. I knew London was going to be expensive but I didnt know it was going to be THAT expensive.... sheesh lol sorry wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment