Monday, May 1, 2017

MJF Week Fifteen: (27.04.2017-30.04.2017)

Good God... It’s done. It’s actually over. I’m unsure if I killed finals or if they killed me, but either way I’m glad the beast is out of sight. This week was beyond chaotic and honestly it is all blurring together. I had two massive projects due, a normal exam in physiology, a final in BMEN 211, a final in Physiology, and a final in Differential Equations (In-class AND take-home parts). Oh yeah, and I absolutely aced my BMEN 253 final the other week, whenever that was... Anyways, we got absolutely rekt by some of that stuff.

Onto the happy part of the week! So on Friday, we had an excursion to Remagen where we saw the remains on the Remagen Bridge that American troops took and used in WWII. The bridge was bought by an elderly German gentleman who turned it into a peace museum. This man actually dug tank traps when he was 15, which is pretty mind-blowing. He was super sweet and actually pretty funny. I have never seen such an expressive German in my life! Haha. Anyways, he gave us the tour of his museum and told us many stories about the bridge and surrounding towns. I absolutely loved it.

So after I got back home that afternoon, I relaxed and then went to a concert that my host dad invited me to. At first I was a bit skeptical, but hey... I am ALWAYS up for adventure. So we went out and got Doner (Where’s an umlaut when you need one?) at 7 and saw the band start at 8. The opener was some punk band from Ireland (they were okay). Then the main band (The Ghost Wolves from Austin... Lol) came on to the set. To my amazement, they were actually really freaking good!! I had looked up their recorded music and was a bit skeptical, but live, they are really good. I might actually take a friend or two to see them when I get back! Anyways, I was able to converse with my host dad’s German friends who were there as they spoke English, but I was at least still able to react when they spoke German amongst each other. I have gotten really good at understanding German, but I have a hard time speaking it.

SO, the next day was the AIB Farewell Party followed by a night of going out to N8 with friends. The party was fun, the beer was good, and the music was great! But it was all that much more of a reminder of how soon we are leaving. On one the hand, I am definitely ready to go home, but on the other hand, I am absolutely not. I miss this place so much already and I’ve become sentimental and sappy... I love the AIB workers, I love the professors, I love my New and old friends, and I love my host family. This beautiful place has become a second home and has caused me to grow in so many new and profound ways. Listen; I love each and every one of you so much and I hope that someday, everyone can experience what I have.

To growth, maturity, and being world citizens,


MJF

No comments:

Post a Comment