Monday, May 1, 2017

MJF Week Twelve: (03.04.2017-09.04.2017)

Well this was an interesting week. It started off with an 8:45 class and proceeded to be like that most of the week. On Tuesday we took a bus to Bingen to see a museum about Hildegard of Bingen and check out what an old healer’s garden would look like at monasteries. Each of us was assigned a plant that we had to go find in the garden. That was neat, but then we went to Andernach. In Andernach there was this museum of medicine throughout history that was converted from a house. This place was absolutely astounding. The curators of all those materials and artifacts truly put a LOT of effort into compiling them into the exhibits that they are today. After the museum tour we went and got gelato and headed back to Bonn in time for our differential equations class (at 7:45 PM).

On Friday at lunch, I decided to run to Rewe and get some soup to heat up. When I came back, the theater students had just finished class. Because I had heard recently about some tensions between the TAMU Bioscience and LMU Theater students, I decided to reach out and say hello. What is the point in just wallowing in bitterness (especially when it’s something absolutely petty)? At first they seemed surprised that I had initiated conversation with them, but they happily obliged. We talked until their class started and they invited me to Sausilitos with them that night. I told them I’d be there and our friendships have only grown from there. After we were done at the restaurant, they asked if I wanted to chill at the park the next day. Of course I said yeah.

So Saturday came and I started on homework. I worked on it all day until I finished it then joined them at the park. As I approached the picnic blanket (I was like 100 feet away) they started yelling “Michael!” and took me into their circle of friends with open arms. And it’s like this every time I see them. These people are absolutely amazing and full of love. I consider them each to be solid friends and wish them all the very best in their futures. Anyways, soon after I joined them, Sam (The only other TAMU student there. He’s VIZ) showed up too. They welcomed him in the same fashion. So as we continued to chill, afternoon turned into the evening and we moved to the bank of the Rhine to make a fire. Soon enough evening turned to early morning and we decided to part ways and go home.

This week was a great freaking week. Made a lot of new friends and did some fun stuff.

Wishing you all the same blessings and better,


MJF

No comments:

Post a Comment