Monday, May 1, 2017

MJF Week Nine: (13.03.2017-19.03.2017)

So after getting almost no sleep, we got up early Monday morning and got to the airport to fly to Portugal. Our flight left at 6 AM and landed at 9 AM. We spent the day walking around Lisbon and checking out the beach, the food, and more. After a while we went back to our hostel and hung out there for a bit. The hostel was so cool! The staff and people there were great. Everyone treated you like family and we overall had a great time. I met people from at least 6 different countries there.

Sunday morning we got up bright and early to go on a tour of Sintra and other places with one of the coolest dudes I have ever met. We saw things like ruins, old masonic ritual grounds (still in use), beautiful beaches, and all sorts of awestriking scenes of nature. After a very full day, we headed back and some people met up with Kenneth and his frat brother from A&M. I ended up going out with a group of people that was completely diverse. I spent the night talking about politics with some very level-headed Swedes over drinks on Pink Street. They were really cool and we are now friends on Facebook. Haha.

On Monday we flew to Barcelona! This is where we spent most of our Spring Break. Because I am typing this pretty late, I cannot remember the order of when we did what, so bear with me here. Barcelona was really cool and a couple of us went to the Sagrada de la Familia. I was not one of these people. Instead, I decided to go relax on the beach. Another thing we did this week was we went to Park Guell. It was a very unique park and required a bit of hiking. The architect behind the park was the same who designed the Sagrada de la Familia, so you could see that in some of the structures. The third main attraction in Barcelona that we saw was the Magic Fountain of Montjuic with Nathan and his Sister (both spent their entire spring breaks in Barcelona). That was pretty neat. The fountain was absolutely massive! I have posted a video of it on Instagram and Facebook for those who want to see it. Apart from these main things, I really enjoyed just being able to relax on the beach. Of course like the good tourists we are, we tried the sangria and tapas. They were fine. The tapas at a restaurant Nathan, his sister, and I went to were astonishingly good, though! Also, one night I wanted to try some good local food, so Kyle and I went to a restaurant on the beach. It was quite delicious.

And that was really the extent of my Spring Break! Definitely something I’ll never forget.

Love y’all,


MJF

No comments:

Post a Comment