Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 11: Surgeries, Cousin's Abroad & Bonn Marathon!

Week 11: Surgeries, Cousin's Abroad & Bonn Marathon!
John Kyle Cooper
March 31 - April 2 //  Friday-Monday

During the week, I had the opportunity to shadow an anesthesiologist at the Uniklinikum. I was able to sit in on four surgeries, three in Eurology and one in general surgery. It was truly a unique experience that helped me gain a better perspective of the medical field. I also was able to meet and converse with many students and doctors from the Uniklinikum! Next on Friday, we had the opportunity to go on a tour of an extensive Anesthesiology Museum led by the owner Dr. Stökel an esteemed anesthesiologist! That evening, I was able to meet up with my cousin, Christina, from New York! I was so excited to see her and show her around Bonn! I was able to show her many of Bonn's highlights and we even ran into a concert in Münsterplatz! It was a great night! Unfortunately, she had to leave the next morning for Slovakia. Finally on Sunday, I was able to participate in the Bonn Marathon! What a day! I was very nervous going into the race (which involved me running ~7 miles, "This Doesn't Sound Like A Lot But I'm Not A Runner So..."), but I'm very glad I signed up. I was able to support a charity by running as well! My favorite part of the race was the end (of course), because I knew I had made it and because at the end I sprinted (as light as a feather) to the finish line.

Uniklinikum
Had the opportunity to shadow an anesthesiologist at the Uniklinikum. I was able to sit in on four surgeries, three in Eurology and one in general surgery.

We had the opportunity to go on a tour of an extensive Anesthesiology Museum led by the owner Dr. Stökel an esteemed anesthesiologist. 

Cherry Blossoms Were Blooming!



Cousin's Abroad!

Beethoven House.

Inside The Beethoven House Gift Shop! (Unfortunately Did Not Have The Time To Go In.)

A concert in Munsterplatz? This is why I love Bonn.

Münsterplatz here I come!

Almost Finished! Thanks Alexa For The Photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment